Social Distancing Getaway
Wellsboro sits at the center of Tioga County, Pennsylvania, at the eastern end of the Pennsylvania Wilds region. The area has long been a place to unplug and unwind surrounded by nature, and Penn Wells guests have been doing so for generations. Some of the best Wellsboro getaway activities can be experienced while practicing social distancing. We’re happy to share some of our favorites with you.
1. Cycle the Pine Creek Rail Trail and see more birds and animals than people.
2. Cast a line and Fish for Bass in Pine Creek.
3. Hike the lakeside trail at Hills Creek State Park and see the beaver house.
4. Play 18 holes at Wellsboro’s Tyoga Golf Course, rated 4 stars by Golf Digest.
5. Take a motorcycle or automobile ride on our scenic back roads.
6. See some eagles (or herons or osprey or hawks) in a local birding area.
7. Enjoy a romantic getaway with a local PA wine and chocolate basket for 2.
8. Kayak down Pine Creek.
9. Have a Penn Wells Amber draft in our Courtyard after a day outdoors.
10. Hike the Barbour Rock trail and admire the view of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon.
11. Get refreshed after a hot day exploring with an ice cream at the Main Street Creamery.