Start Planning Your 2021 Road Trip to Wellsboro’s Great Outdoors
After months indoors, we are all looking forward to getting out and hitting the road. Wellsboro sits on Pennsylvania’s historic Route 6 at the center of Tioga County, Pennsylvania, at the eastern end of the Pennsylvania Wilds region. Penn Wells guests have traveled here by car, bus, and motorcycle for generations to relax and unwind surrounded by nature. Most known for its gaslit Main Street and nearby Pennsylvania Grand Canyon, some of the best Wellsboro getaway activities can be experienced outside and away from crowds, so you can satisfy your wanderlust while still exercising some caution and feeling safe in your travels. Here are some suggestions for you to include on your Wellsboro itinerary.
1. Cycle the Pine Creek Rail Trail and see more birds and animals than people.
2. Cast a line and Fish for Bass in Pine Creek.
3. Hike the lakeside trail at Hills Creek State Park and see the beaver house.
4. Play 18 holes at Wellsboro’s Tyoga Golf Course, rated 4 stars by Golf Digest.
5. Take a motorcycle or automobile ride on our scenic back roads.
6. See some eagles (or herons or osprey or hawks) in a local birding area.
7. Enjoy a romantic getaway with a local PA wine and chocolate basket for 2.
8. Kayak down Pine Creek.
9. Have a Penn Wells Amber draft in our Courtyard after a day outdoors.
10. Hike the Barbour Rock trail and admire the view of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon.
11. Get refreshed after a hot day exploring with an ice cream at the Main Street Creamery.
Reach out to our courteous staff with any questions or inquiries about the Penn Wells Hotel and Lodge, or your stay in Wellsboro.